Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Returning to NYC, May 9-28

Several pivotal moments in my (Daniela's) life happened in New York City. I don't even think I'd have switched careers to become a tango dancer if I hadn't come to the city as an IBM intern in 2001! I'll have to find the time soon for a post about that, but for now, suffice it to say that I'm really happy to return "home" after moving to Buenos Aires last July! It was great to see so many friends and students last weekend and we are looking forward to returning tomorrow, May 16th, for several more days.

Here are two videos from last Saturday's performance at the All-Night Milonga. There are few things Luis and I enjoy more than sharing our tango with beloved friends!

"Derrotado" by Di Sarli (romantic tango!)



"La Espuela" by D'Arienzo (mischievous milonga!)


Luis and I are coming back to NYC tomorrow, May 16st, and staying until Tuesday, May 21st. We'll also pass through town on Thursday, May 23rd and Tuesday, May 28th and will be available for private lessons throughout our stay. This weekend we are teaching and performing at Tango Nocturne on Saturday, performing at The Argentine Tango Lovers of Long Island on Sunday, and teaching 4 special workshops in the city on Saturday. The workshops will include a healthy, generous serving of technique (walking, turns in different styles) and dynamics/musicality, sprinkled with a twist in your tango vocabulary as we explore alteraciones in the end! For more information and registration, please check out the workshop web site. There are discounts for advance registration, couples and students!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Daniela!
    I was thinking of you today because I ran into another ex-MIT acquaintance who loves dancing (lindy hop, in her case) at a conference, and that made me wonder what you'd been up to since we lost touch (completely my fault). It's great to see your career is flourishing, although I'm sorry we never got to meet up in NYC while you lived there. I still hope we'll get to have coffee when you're in the Northeast sometime. (I was in Paris when you came to NYC in May, so we would've missed each other even if I'd known you were coming.)
    I love watching you & Luis dance on YouTube videos - so inspiring & you make look it so effortless! What are your travel plans for the rest of 2013? How do you like living in Buenos Aires?
    All the best,
    -Aurelie

    ReplyDelete